November 1, 2004

Got a growth removed and...

On Sept. 3rd I had surgery to get a growth removed from my back. It had been there since Jan. 2002, but the surgeon I went to told me it was nothing and if it started to get irritated, we'd get it removed. Well it got bigger and a little irritated so I had it removed finally. A few days later I get a call saying that it was a tumor and it was cancer. Well, I was pissed to say the least. Soon thereafter I went to an oncologist and he told me we would have to go in again and get the surrounding muscle removed. I had that done by the only doctor in the Midwest who specializes in this type of surgery on Oct. 12th. This being the third time I had to get this opened, being looked at or removed. Well on Oct. 26th he told me that everything went well and he got all of the remaining tissue and muscle from around the removed tumor. I went to my regular Oncologist today and he says this is great news. Now I'm just waiting for one more thing. He is going to send all of the tests and results (i.e. pathology reports, catscans, petscans, blood work-up, etc.) to the North Kansas City Cancer Conference. He said this is weekly thing where the top oncologists, pathologists, and other cancer related doctors look at my finding and see if I am going to need chemotherapy or any other type of treatments. So, knock on wood and a lot of prayer, everything looks like it's getting better. I should know where we go from here on Nov. 24th.

No comments:

Earn rewards at your favorite brands

via Facebook https://ift.tt/2CjUNgY