May 18, 2005

Pulling an all-nighter!!!

Since I'm going to see the midnight showing of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, I'm staying up as late as I can today! There's no way I'm going to miss this! I've been watching all of my Star Wars DVD's I have all day.

Also, thought as long as I'm up (and hopped-up on caffeine), I thought I'd catch everyone up on what's going on in my world. Later this evening, my niece is going to be graduating from preschool and of course I'm going to her graduation. I wouldn't miss that for the world. After that, I'm meeting up with my wife and some friends to see STAR WARS!

As of May 4th, I no longer work for Time Warner Cable. My doctor gave me a permission to return to work slip on April 4th. Well, I called work and was told I need to re-apply for my job, so I did. They said it was company policy to re-apply after being on long term disability and I needed to find a position in the company by May 4th. Well, I applied for my old job and didn't hear anything. After no calls for about a week I called back and asked if I should apply for other jobs in the company and was told to do so. I applied for just about every position that was open. Well, May 4th came, no calls for an interview for ANY of the positions. I received a letter in the mail soon after stating I was no longer employed with the company. All of this because of the cancer on my back. So now I am in the ranks of the unemployed and have been looking for a job for 3 weeks now. I have 2 really good prospects. We'll see what happens.

I applied for unemployment as soon as I heard I was no longer with the company. I just received a letter in the mail today stating that Time Warner Cable feels like they don't have to pay for my unemployment and I need to speak to my local unemployment office, via phone interview, on Thursday the 19th. Boy, are they going to get to hear about this. I'm pulling no punches and we'll see what happens with that as well.

As you probably can figure out I finished my radiation treatments and the doctor just wants me to come in and get an x-ray every 6 months for the next 2 years to make sure nothing pops up again. It's a relief, but I still kind of wish I was going to get a catscan evey 6 months for 5 years, like I was told before. That just seems a little more accurate to me than an x-ray. I'm relieved a little, but not a day goes by that I think of what I went threw and pray it doesn't happen again!

I read the rest of Live From New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live, as Told By Its Stars, Writers and Guests and it was an o.k. read. I felt it was lacking a bit though.

Well, this is a pretty big post and I'd better end it here! I'll try to post more often.

Seacrest OUT!!!

No comments:

Earn rewards at your favorite brands

via Facebook https://ift.tt/2CjUNgY